Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday - Bread Ovens

Holy moly. What a whirlwind of a day. To start, I spent most of my day in Titanyen at Grace Village working with Ross on the team with the bread ovens. What a blessing to work with someone who is truly devoted to his craft, and has sacrificed his time to serve the least of these. His story on how he got connected with this trip is just as amazing. It was so much fun to step back and be patient and watch all the details of firing the oven for the first time happen. And, I got to eat some GREAT bread! The rest of the team spent the day at Isaiah's Orphanage & Juno's Orphanage. What great stories they brought home tonight!

However, after our group time, I received some bad news. I received an email with my CFP exam results, and unfortunately I did not pass. Ouch. To be transparent, I felt so poor and my heart sank. Shot below the belt for sure. But, after stepping away from the first-world for some time to spend some time with God, He directed me to the verse I opened to last night:

"For you this whole vision is nothing but words sealed in a scroll. And if you give the scroll to someone who can read, and say to him, 'Read this, please,' he will answer, ' I can't; it is sealed.'" - Isaiah 29:11

Wow. Just wow. What if I stepped away more in times of struggle to spend time with God to give our troubles to Him? I personally struggle with this, but God hit me hard with this thought tonight as I sought Him before trying to fix things myself. Trying to rely on my imperfect self never works for the long-term, and leaves room for satan to enter with lies of worthlessness, fear, and wasted time (this has always been a struggle for me). This hurts myself, and those around me. I know the results will still enter my head for days to come, but I know I have a God that is bigger than all this, and firmly believe "If God is for us, who can be against us?" - 

Jesus is my Savior, I have a beautiful bride who walks right along side of me to the same eternal destination, and this week I am blessed to be in Haiti with so many amazing disciples. We will always face struggles in life. We are imperfect. Let's make it a goal to seek God for approval and value in this life, and rely on others around us for help and prayer.

Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment