Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday

We started this morning off by going to the six AM Church Service. Pastor Gary was leading the worship and he was kind enough to sing in English, then Creole, back and forth. It was truly beautiful to see the Haitians praising. One elderly woman came back and gave a lot of us hugs, a truly loving moment for each of us. Later in the day, Amy said this woman gives hugs out every time to the Healing Haiti people visiting. That made her hug even more special for me. :-)

Later we did the Water Truck in Cite Soleil again. Three times, WHOO HOO! At the first stop I met two men in their twenties. The first one was Pierre Dave Snyder. We had a hard time communicating so after a bit, we got Cadet (our translator today) to translate. Pierre took a lot of classes and cannot  find a job so he is going to take even more classes. He was carrying a French dictionary with him. I asked if I could pray for him and he accepted. Cadet translated my prayer to him. This whole time a baby was tightly holding onto me. Please pray Pierre gets a good job. We refilled and went on our second run. This time I helped with the buckets and helped a boy then a girl carry their buckets with no handles. The last run I held a toddler girl almost the whole time while trying to communicate with 10 year old Emanuel. Almost all the children I held touched my face and hair and were fascinated with my moles.

I am deeply touched by the need for love all these children have. I thank God he has given me Jesus whom showed me how to love. I praise you father.

No comments:

Post a Comment